Monday 5 September 2011

A busy start to September. :-)

Just had a good weekend at  Sheffields  'Art in the Gardens'. I was very busy chatting to visitors, selling hundreds of cards and  most of my small 8 x 8 inch affordable canvases and a large " Scilly Painting'. It was good meeting so many new faces in Sheffield and I have already been booked for several workshops and Demo's, some one to one tuition  and  accepted 3 commissions...
The start of September is pretty busy with visits to Ambleside,  Cornwall and Hampshire all within the next 10 days. I will be delivering new work  but will also have my paints, sketchbook and canvas with me    to capture the light. :-)
I am not wishing my time away, but I am really looking forward to my next visit to the New Forest when I will continue with my 'Woodland Light' project capturing the Autumn Light and expected blaze of colour that the New Forest is so famous for. I have even bought a bigger tent for the trip. Those of you who have read earlier Blogs will  have seen the 'action man tent'  I used in June. It was even too small for ME and I'm errrrrrrrrrrrrr  'Fairly vertically challenged'.......... ie. A bloody short arse. -)
Talking of being vertically challenged, Alice measured me last week and I am now officially 1.5 inches shorter than I was 5 years ago....and exactly 12 inches shorter than Alices boyfriend Ray. I wonder if it's my age or just the need for a visit to my osteopath who will 'straighten me out' .

1 comment:

  1. Can't 'follow' this, as I don't have 'google friend'...

    Glad you did well at Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete