Monday 3 September 2012

August

The Latter part of July into August was a very frustrating for me. I have had an allergic reaction to acrylic inks which have resulted in very cracked and painful fingers on both hands. I had an enforced rest from painting for almost 6 weeks. The positive side to this was that I made myself sit down and make over 1000 Connollyart cards ....



I went to Falmouth in Cornwall for two weeks where I managed to paint most mornings for 2 hours from sunrise to breakfast... I am a morning person and love to be at Pendennis Point looking across the bay as the sun rises over St Mawes. Wonderfully peaceful.



I worked on 20 x 20 cms canvases doing quick studies,  to be exhibited in Septembers Art in  Gardens in Sheffield. As it rained several mornings, I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but still enjoyed just sitting at 'the point' next to the sea.... 


Here are some of the studies produced early morning. Some will be developed into large paintings back in my Landlocked Derbyshire studio... 













This is one of the paintings developed from a small study produced in Falmouth.

Waves on Rocks 41cms x 100 cms.





No comments:

Post a Comment