Tuesday 20 May 2014

A Busy May.

ART IN THE ROUND


I  was invited to be featured artist at the first ever, Art in the Round' at the Derby Railway, Roundhouse. As you can see from the photos below, this was an amazing venue for over 60 professional artiest and makers to exhibit work and run workshops. 

I was very lucky to be asked to demonstrate throughout the weekend. The organisers gave me the whole of the turntable on which to display my work and demonstrate. I decided to work on two large paintings. A large painting inspired by the recent storms, 'crashing waves' and a large painting inspired by a coastal walk near St Just in Cornwall.


WIP Left this to dry over night.

WIP next stage  Day 2

Completed painting. 100 x 122 cms


Completed Painting  100 x 100 cms


















MIXED SPRING SHOW AT LYNDHURST GALLERY.

Here are some of the paintings I took to Lyndhurst gallery where I am exhibiting in a mixed Spring Show. It was good to meet the new owner Helen Shelbourne. This exhibition also with the work of  Natalie Rymer and Jack Frame runs into the summer and is well worth a visit. 















SOLO SHOW 

SENSE OF PLACE

16th May to  28th June

SOCK GALLERY

Loughborough Town Hall, Market place, Loughborough. LE11 3EB tel 01509 634775 www.loughboroughtownhall.co.uk/venuehire
















No comments:

Post a Comment