Tuesday 21 October 2014

Wow Its October already.




I just realised that I haven't written anything in my Blog since July.
All my time seems to be spent either painting, running workshops, teaching one to ones, keeping Face Book updated and running Ukartaid charity. (which has now raised £3000 plus £750 gift aid )

Since coming back from Cornwall in August,  I spent a few days painting in Whitley Woods and at Hengistbury Head on the South Coast, producing a small body of work that was very well received at Sheffields Art in the Gardens in early September.

Art in the Gardens was much better for me this year as I was selected to join the premier artists and was given a small Marquee to myself, making it much easy to display work on boards rather than hanging paintings on palm trees in the Pavilion as I have done for the past 4 years. Sales were ok and I met lots of interesting people.

September and the first part of October has been the most hectic 6 weeks I have had since going full time in 2010. I knew I had to produce new work for OCG in Ambleside, D'Art Gallery, Dartmouth, Lyndhurst Gallery at the same time as getting work ready for  shows with Leabrooks  and Cromford Galleries. Bad organisation on my part having not checked my diary before saying yes to both.

I am pleased to say that I have managed to sort it all and have delivered to OCG and D'Art Gallery last week, Cromford and Lyndhurst this week, and will take work to Leabrooks next week swell as completing more new stuff for Windsor Art fair on 8th and 9th November.

In between all that I have run several workshops and taught 3 lots of 'one to ones' with  some very talented artists and have just re designed my website www.connollyart.com so that each page represents a gallery in which I exhibit work.

Working in the New Forest.
Working in the New Forest.

Claire Jepson after a day in my studio. 

Centre of England Art Group.

Julie Hyde Centre of England Art Group.














Centre of England Art Group.






Centre of England Art Group.


Centre of England Art Group.

Centre of England Art Group.

Centre of England Art Group.

Work done outside in Falmouth. 

Early morning at Pendents Point in Falmouth

Early morning at Pendents Point in Falmouth

One of my friends, Mervyn Allcock showed me a painting that his 8 year old daughter Amelia had done at school. It was a superb watercolour showing a great deal of skill and talent. I offered to give Amelia a day in my studio in the school holiday. Amelia wanted to paint flowers and a painting about her holiday. Here are the results. She's coming back at half term to paint another flowery one. EVEN BIGGER this time.

Amelia having fun in my studio

Amelia having fun in my studio 
Amelia having fun in my garden




Victory Painting Group

Victory Painting Group

Victory Painting Group

Victory Painting Group

Victory Painting Group

Victory Painting Group

Victory Painting Group






Victory Painting Group


Kath Jackson and Ann after a day in my Studio.

Members of Dinnington Art group came to my studio for a workshop 

David Hughes after a one to one in my studio. I was his birthday present. :-)



Some of the Work produced  from August to October.


























No comments:

Post a Comment