Wednesday 29 June 2011

Contemporary Landscape Course at Pear Tree Farm


Just ran a  brilliant two day course  with a group of 8 amateur artists. 'Students arrived early, in the sunshine, having driven from all parts of the country.  They all got to know each other, chatting, drinking  tea and looking at my work displayed in the arts centre while I unloaded my car and set things up for an evening presentation  and demo.  I was concerned that my MAC laptop may not be fully compatible with the centres 'digi' projector but after buying the suitable convertor, everything went well... :-)

We ate at 7 and drank complimentary wine (always tastes better when it's free).. I decided to go and do  some painting and my 'students' eager to start the course early, followed me to the studio.  I did another demo and  talked about  what we would be doing over the next two days.

After a wonderful  Full Monty breakfast on  Monday morning, we  jumped in cars and went up to look across the valley from the Top Road at Holloway.  By lunch time, after a hard mornings work in the hot sunshine, everyone was well on the way to filling there first sketchbook with lots of quick 5, 10 and 15 minute studies.

After large Buffet Lunch we worked on some mixed media studies in the studio, experimenting with a variety of materials until dinner at 7.00....  I then did another hours demo before going to the Jug and Glass  for a very well earned pint or two of Copper Dragon.

On the second day, we had more fun and everyone worked really hard  until 4.30 when we had a mini exhibition of work... A really enjoyable time made even better by the wonderful cooking and  hospitality  shown by Sue and Alan Barber who run the centre.

I have just returned from the gym where I have been to try and lose some of the pounds I put on in  just over two days...

If anyone is thinking of doing a residential art course, I would really recommend Pear Tree Farm. ;-)










No comments:

Post a Comment