Saturday 17 December 2011

A day off to be Santa.

I took time off painting this week as Clowne Infant and Nursery school asked me to be Santa for the day.
I hope they approached me because of my acting ability rather than my white hair and ever increasing waist size...

Having been on stage thousands of times, I was still very nervous, not wanting to disappoint the children... and certainly not wanting to hear "He's not the real Santa". I did the Nursery first... and I must admit, I 'filled up' as the tiny children sang to me.... Seeing their little faces looking at 'Santa' was amazing... I had 'revised' the night before and so was very confident when I could roll of the names of all 9 reindeer...
Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Dasher and Blitzen with Rudolf at the front. I had to blag it a bit when a smart 6 year old asked me how I would be able to deliver presents in his house without setting the burglar alarm... (Magic of course) and another asked me exactly how many presents I would be delivering to ALL the children in the World...

Answer being..

Four hundred and twenty Squillion, 9 hundred and 4 Trillion, 449 Million 678 thousand 9 hundred and thirty  6 was my answer....  WOW......... said the children, amazed that I should know the answer.

I had a truly wonderful day.... and only one child said to the teacher, "I know he's not the real Santa because he wasn't fat enough and I could see the elastic on his beard. He must have been one of Santas helpers. He was very good though"

Not fat enough eh? Good lad. I'll work on that over Christmas.... :-)

Here are a few Photo's which unfortunately are not the best I have. The good ones have lots children  with smiling faces which I am not allowed to publish on the internet.



 





Santa danced as the children sang. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment